Friday, December 11, 2009

About that whole writing for piano idea I had....

So in my blog 'writing for piano' I said that I wanted to be more adventurous with my piano part because I had just gotten Sibelius so I wouldn't be confined by my lack of piano skills. This ended up having some troubles of its own. Since I didn't have to be at a piano to compose, Inever actually tried out any of the stuff I wrote. I ended up with chords that were too big for humans(!) and passages with really tricky fingerings that I could have avoided. It would have been a lot better if I had periodically checked my part with my pianist to see if it was playable and espeially with the limited reherasal time that we were working with, if she would be comfortable doing it in the concert.
Lesson learned! After that I tried playing/ singing everything I wrote as I wrote it so that I wouldn't need to adjust too much at the last minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment